to be able to find reliable information online
to practise taking notes
Go to WBOKids.
Find the article called ‘British Columbia’.
Where is it?
• in the country of _________________
• next to the country of _____________
• ____________ is east
• __________ and the ____________________ are west
• it is the __________ largest province in Canada
What are the major cities?
• the capital is __________________
• the capital is on the southeastern tip of _____________________
• the biggest city is _____________________
• the biggest city is in __________________ B.C.
• about half the people in _________ live in this city
What does the land by the ocean look like?
• the coast is where the land meets the ocean
• the ocean is called the ______________
• the land along the coast has steep ________________
• the mountains are covered in _____________
• narrow ___________ of water are along the coast
• many ____________ are along the coast
What does the land inland look like?
• there are many tall _________________
• there are many high flat areas or plains called _______________
• in the northeast, there are lots of hills and lots of ____________
What does the land provide?
• the forests provide lots of ________
• the land in the northeast provides natural _______ and oil
• the land in the southeast provides _____________
• the land also provides ________________________________
What does the ocean provide?
• the most valuable fish is ________________
• other foods from the ocean include c________ , c___________and
c_________ , h______________ and h____________,
o___________ , r__________, s__________
What do farms provide?
• ranchers raise _______________ and __________________
• farmers grow b_____________ , c_________________ and
Copy the citation at the bottom of the article:
[This page may be copied for use with students if the following credit is provided: ©2010 Sophie Rosen.]