Log on to World Book Online Student
1. Find the WBO article on Asia.
2. Skim to find the answers to these questions.
1. What percent of the world’s land area is in Asia?
2. What percent of the world’s people live in Asia?
3. What is the world’s highest point?
4. What is the world’s lowest point?
6. How many countries are in Asia?
7. What is the world’s largest country in area?
1. What country has more people than any other on earth?
2. What country is in second place in regards to population?
1. What is the dominant religion in Asia?
2. What is the second most common religion in Asia?
3. What is the third most common religion in Asia?
D. The Land: Rivers
1. In what country do the Tigris and Euphrates rivers meet?
2. In what country is the Indus River?
3. What two rivers form the largest river delta in the world?
4. What is Asia’s longest river?
1. What are four wild animals that live in the Arctic?
2. What are four wild animals that live in Southeast Asia?
1. What is the major plant of Central Asia?
2. What tree in East Asia is used to feed silkworms?
3. What are three trees that are native to Southeast Asia?
4. What are two trees that grow in the desert?
G. Copy the citation at the bottom of the article. Follow the format World Book recommends.
[This page may be copied for use with students if the following credit is provided: ©2010 Sophie Rosen.]