Log onto World Book Online Kids
(Ask your teacher for the user name and password for your school.)
1. People who are _______________ design and ______________ buildings.
2. People who want the buildings are called _____________ or __________________ .
3. People who make the buildings are called _____________________ .
4. People who design the buildings have to consider a lot of factors:
a. meet _______________
b. look ________________
c. last a __________________
d. room for _____________________________________
e. right ______________ and ________________
f. made of materials that ____________ good and _____________ well
g. strong ___________ and __________________________
5. Buildings show what is important to people:
a. people in ancient Greece valued ______________ so their buildings were ___________________
b. people in ancient Rome valued good _____________________ so they created structures everyone could use: _________________ , ____________ , __________________________
c. nowadays, modern designs are usually _____________
6. Copy the citation information at the very bottom of the article:
Click on this link near the bottom of the article: Building construction.
1. A building’s two main parts:
2. People who work on buildings:
3. Steps in constructing a building:
4. Some buildings are prefabricated.
a. they are built in a ____________________
b. this saves _______________ and _________________
5. Copy the citation information at the bottom of the article:
Now make some connections:
1. How does your home suit the way you live?
2. Can you draw a diagram of a home that would suit you?
[This page may be copied for use with students if the following credit is provided: ©2011 Sophie Rosen.]